As I was on my way to a meeting today at work, I started thinking about the things I possibly want to do when I get out of debt. I came up with quite a list and thought I would share a few with my readers. My goal is to be rid of my non-mortgage debt by May 2009. This gives me 2 yrs to knock out over $60k in debt. It can be done. I've seen it done. So, without further ado, here is my list:
- Get lasik surgery - Cost: about $6k
- Take a cruise - Cost: about $3k (flight, cruise cost and food)
- Buy new furniture - Cost: about $3k
- Remodel my kitchen and bath - Cost: $10k???
- Pay off my Mom's debt - Cost: $5k
- Invest in an additional Investment Property - cost unknown
- Pay more towards my Mortgages to pay off my Primary home and Rental Property
Of course, I would not do all of the above at one time and it would be paid for in CASH! I think having these goals in mind will keep my focused on my goal of paying off debt so I can do more of what I want to do with my money.
If you are in debt, what do you want to do when you pay off the last dime? If you recently paid off debt, what did you do?