Assets:

  • Rental Property - $137,000
  • Primary Residence - $193,000
  • Car - $29,500
  • Retirement - $41,775.28
  • Cash (checking, savings) - $32,818.54
  • Brokerage - $3,319.66

Total Assets: $444,992.98

Liabilities:

  • Rental Property Mortgage - $150,162.23
  • Primary Home Mortgage - $183,295.25
  • Car Loan - $25,248.69
  • Student Loan - $22,223.81
  • Credit Cards - $ 0

Total Liabilities: $380,929. 98

Net Worth: $64,063, increase from prior month is 0.95%


Monthly Recap:

  • Paid off the remainder of my credit card debt this month!!
  • The market correction this month affected my net worth increase this month. This is the lowest net worth increase I've had this year. However, it was still an increase.
  • I set a goal to have a net worth of $65,000 by the end of the year. I should be able to easily meet this goal unless we have another month of "market corrections".
  • December should be a great month financially. I've already saved up for Christmas gifts and I should be receiving 75% of my yearly bonus. (The other 25% is paid late January or early February).

Looking back....

Since I started tracking my net worth in detail in March 2005, my net worth has changed as follows:

  • Assets - increased $210,738.98 or 89.96%
  • Liabilities - increased $153,664.94 or 67.61% (my new home purchase in April 2006 caused the increase)
  • Overall increase in Net Worth - $57,414.04 or 863.50%
If you've enjoyed this post or reading about my personal finance journey, please subscribe to SingleGuyMoney here. Be sure to visit SingleGuyMoney to leave a comment or for more great articles.

3 comments

  1. NoDebt4Me // December 2, 2007 at 1:08 PM  

    I think you made a really good decision to use that extra money to pay off your credit cards. Even though the interest rates were very low, getting out from under that debt has to feel great.

    Just out of curiosity, what kind of car are you driving that has a $29,500 value? There aren't too many used cars that are worth that much, and you've mentioned in the past that negative equity from previous loans have been rolled into it. Is the $29,500 the actual KBB value, or is it what you have invested in the car?

    Not a flame, just "holding your feet to the fire" so to speak. :-)

  2. SingleGuyMoney // December 2, 2007 at 1:18 PM  

    *No debt 4 me: Thanks for reading my blog. That actually is a very good question and I am surprised no one else has asked. I have decided that I will only adjust my house and car values once a year. The next adjustment will be done in December and then it will show how upside down I am.

  3. 2million // December 2, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

    Congrats on the positive month!