It's that time of year where everyone who's given the government a free loan is looking to get that money back. One of the largest tax preparers in the country has figured out another way for you to get your money fast. H&R Block has come out with an Emerald Card Mastercard. When you have your taxes done at a H&R Block tax office, you can choose to have your refund put directly on the debit card. This is may be good idea for those that do not have a bank account. If you have a bank account in good standing, you can save money by having your refund deposited directly into your existing checking or savings account for free.
The debit card is free to get but you will pay the following fees:
- Withdraw money from an ATM - $1.85 each in addition to any charges the ATM owner may charge.
- Balance Inquiry - $1.00 per inquiry at an ATM. Free if you check online.
- Speak with a live customer service agent - $2.00
- Card lost or stolen - $10.00 replacement fee
- Paper Statement - $1.00
- Express Delivery for your card - $35.00
- Of course, there is no fee to add additional money on your card.
Note: I am not advocating this card and I am not affiliated with H&R Block.
Sponsor: InsureMe - Free quotes on auto, home, life, health and long term care insurance.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
My Cheaper Alternative to Starbucks
It's Raining Money
Don't forget to subscribe to SingleGuyMoney to follow my debt reduction journey.