Image courtesy of dbking
February was once again an excellent month for the savings challenge. There were a couple of unexpected payments received in February that I deposited directly to the savings challenge account.
Once monthly budget obligations are met, any additional income goes towards the savings challenge account.
My goal is to get to $50,000 by December 2010.
January 31, 2009
- Pinecone Surveys -- $9 (3 seperate surveys @ $3/each)
- Health Savings Account Reimbursement -- $134.49
- Verification Deposits -- $0.77 (external bank account links)
- ING Referrals -- $30.00
- Ebates -- $52.82
- Repaid Loan -- $1500.00 (This was very unexpected. Loaned to family member last year.)
- Ga State Tax Refund -- $1000.00 (will offset amount owed to Federal taxes).
- Regular Savings Contributions -- $856.36
- Misc Deposits -- $86.39
Balance Change Amount...............$4321.11
Amount Remaining towards $50,000 Goal = $20,457.57/22 months = $933.98 required amount to be saved each month in order to reach my goal.
The next few months will be a little challenging for the savings challenge. I have to pay the feds next month for my federal tax bill. There is also some work that needs to be done at my rental property. Both of these will result in a lower savings account balance which means I'll need to save more money each month to meet my goal.
January Savings Challenge Update
December Savings Challenge Update
WT Direct - High Yield Savings