For a limited time, WT Direct is offering a cash bonus to new clients for opening a new savings account.
To get the bonus, here's what you need to do by July 31, 2009.
- Apply online for a WT Direct account. (It's quick and easy. I opened an account with them a few months ago. Unfortunately, there was no bonus at that time.)
- Deposit $10,000 or more before July 31, 2009
- Keep funds on deposit through October 31, 2009
- Must not have had an account in the past twelve months
- $25 bonus for a $10,000 balance
- $50 bonus for a $20,000 balance
- $75 bonus for a $30,000 balance
- $100 bonus for a $40,000 balance
- $150 bonus for a $50,000 balance
WT Direct is part of the Wilmington Trust family of companies with a strong 105 year history.
The account is FDIC insured up to the maximum Federal limit of $250,000. The WT Direct savings rate is consistently among the top 5% of US Banks. There are no fees to maintain the account and no minimum balance; although you will need a minimum of $10,000 to open the account.
Don't have $10k to open an account? You can also try HSBC instead. No fees and no minimum balance. Easy transfers to and from other accounts.