It's the perfect day to be stay at home and be lazy. It's windy, cold and rainy outside and I will be staying home all day to do a few things I've needed to do around the house. I need to put a couple of items on Ebay, balance my checkbook, do laundry and catch up on a few shows I've recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet. It was nice to have my family in town for a few days but they are all gone back home now.
Here are some great posts I've read around the blogosphere.
From the M-Network:
- How Blogging Changed Me from beingfrugal.net. I totally agree with Lynae and I feel most people have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. I too will be having a frugal Christmas.
- Why do I always find a better deal AFTER I buy it? from Gather Little by Little. I hate when that happens.
- Thanks for Everything from Paid Twice. Paid Twice gives a hearty thanks to the readers for keeping her accountable to improving her family's financial situation. I too am very thankful to my readers for helping me stay on the right track with my finances.
- 22 Money Maximizing Moves You Can Do Today from Moolanomy. It's that time of year to look at where you can minimize your 2007 tax bill and this post certainly helps.
- Buy Nothing Day is Friday - Are you participating? from My Two Dollars. I planned to participate but I found a good deal on a $20 Shop Vac that I had been wanting. I almost bought one last month for $60 so I saved $40 by waiting. Considering some of the big ticket items some people bought, $20 is not bad at all.
- 100 Free Resume Templates from The Dough Roller. Looking for a new job? This massive list of resume templates will definitely help you build a killer resume.
And from my blogroll:
- Announcing the Carnival of Financial Goals from Cash Money Life. This is a new carnival that will focus on setting and sharing your financial goals. The first carnival will be up Wednesday, December 5th and will be hosted by Cash Money Life. Be sure to submit your articles by the preceding Monday.
- Top Reasons to get a Business Credit Card from Hustler Money Blog. Don't think you qualify for a business card? Sure you can, just visit this post.
- The Cost of Caring for Elderly Loved Ones from My Open Wallet. I didn't realize how expensive it was to care for an elderly loved one.
- Exactly HOW I Pay Off Debt, Mortgages and Credit Cards Early from No Credit Needed. How did NCN become debt free? Check out his post for the answer.
I'm off to go enjoy my last day before going back to work tomorrow and catching upon all the things I didn't get done last week. It seemed like I was in holiday mode ALL WEEK and I didn't get much done.