Most of us in the United States will be enjoying a 3 day weekend due to the Labor Day holiday. According to Wikipedia, Labor Day is often regarded as a day of rest. The holiday originated in 1882 as the Central Labor Union of New York City sought to create "a day off for the working citizens". Congress made the day a federal holiday in 1894. Labor Day also marks the beginning of the season for the NFL and NCAA College football.
I'm planning to go hang out on the lake with some friends today and I'll be having a day of rest tomorrow. Before I head out, I wanted to highlight some of the articles I've enjoyed from my Feedreader this past week.
- How to Pay For College When You're On Your Own @ One Caveman's Financial Journey
- Small Raise, Big Difference @ Fabulous Financials
- 10 Truths About Frugal Living Revealed by 5,000 Reader Comments @ Frugal Dad
- The Jerk Store Called..They Don't Want Your Checks Anymore @ Budgets are Sexy
- 10 College Money Myths @ My Dollar Plan
- People Here Don't Give A Crap What Car You Drive @ My Two Dollars
- Pay Credit Cards Before A Mortgage? What??? @ Gather Little by Little
- The Ease of Justifying Wants As Needs @ Paid Twice
- The Best Way to Handle a Windfall or Gift @ Mrs Micah